The McC Inc. safety system incorporates the philosophy of utilizing a “best practice” procedural approach to safeguard our employees. Shortcuts around safety issues and placing our crew members at risk of accident or injury is not allowed nor condoned. The safety initiative is managed and funded with equal importance to production and quality efforts for the overall success of our company.
Listed here are some of the important components of our best practices program:
- All employees receive many hours of safety education & training
- Construction equipment is inspected and maintained on a regular schedule.
- Safety equipment is selected for high standards of performance and durability.
- Job sites and project locations are staffed with safety managers, or are visited regularly by the safety management team.
- Employees who have questions or concerns about job procedures or safety techniques are encouraged to contact the safety director for proper guidance.
- “Safety Sensitive” Equipment (rigging, electrical, fall protection, etc.) is inspected each day before work begins – damaged materials are removed from service immediately.
- Critical operations and work procedures are “check-listed & documented” to insure that all personnel are informed of the safety controls that are needed to complete the job.